Who likes the nest on the head? That’s right- NO ONE! Before we begin the discussion, let us get one thing straight. Hair consists of dead cells just like nails, so the products that claim to work miracles on your hair are bluffing basically. Excuse me for the crude expressions, but instead of desperately trying to revive your lifeless hair with gallons of hair products, it is probably much easier to just prevent hair damage with a few useful homemade tricks.
Are chemicals stripping your hair of its softness?
1. Use coconut oil or mustard oil at least three times in a week.
2. Use amla (embilica officinalis), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) for washing the hair.
3. Take some fermented curd (ferment curd by keeping it aside for 2-3 days, do not freeze) and apply this curd to the scalp and hair. Keep it for about an hour and wash it off with shampoo for the extra softness you need.
Does your hair look dull even after conditioning?
1. Daily application of coconut oil mixed with lime juice on the hair is also beneficial. Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also good for conditioning.
2. Boil some dry pieces of Indian gooseberry (Emblica Officinalis or ‘Amla’) in coconut oil. Massage your hair with this preparation. It helps in strengthening hair from the inside and keeps it from looking dry and dull.
3. Take honey and egg yolk to make a mixture of both. Massage the scalp and hair with this preparation and leave for half an hour before washing.
4.Rinse the washed hair with lemon in a cup of warm water for extra sheen.
Are you tired of brushing the flakes off your shoulder?
1. Add 1 teaspoon of camphor to half a cup of coconut or neem oil. Store it in glass container and massage this oil into the scalp before bed.
2. Mix 1 teaspoon of castor, mustard and coconut oil each and massage into the scalp.
3. Mix one part of lemon juice with two parts of coconut oil. Massage into the roots of the hair regularly, leave overnight and wash with warm water.
4. Massage the scalp regularly with olive oil. It will not only cure dandruff but will also prevent it from occurring.
gel of aloe vera leaves on scalp and leave it overnight.
Wash it with a herbal, preferably shikakai shampoo the next morning.
Are you shocked by the amount of hair entangled on your hair brush?
1. Massage the scalp gently with coconut or almond oil daily for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Rub onion on bald patches twice a day (morning and evening) till the area becomes red. Now rub some honey at the same region. Follow it for baldness cure.
3. Take coconut oil and mix it with lime water and lime juice. Apply this mixture daily on hair bald patches.
4. Boil neem leaves in water. Cool, strain and rinse hair with it.
5. Make a fine paste by grinding seeds of lime and black pepper. Apply this paste on bald patches on head- twice a day, for a few weeks. It may lead to a sense of mild irritation. However, it is an excellent way of increasing blood circulation stimulating hair growth.
6. Take 250 grams of mustard oil and sixty grams of Henna leaves or ‘Mehndi’ and boil them till the leaves get totally burnt. Filter the oil and massage the scalp regularly with this oil for preventing hair loss.